check out the local schools
How to Get Back on School Time
Bedtime is probably the biggest transition your family needs to make to get back in the routine of the school season. Check out this article in PARENTS for helpful tips in how to reset your student's internal clock back to the school schedule.
after school snack
1 (3 oz.) pkg. jello
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (or 12 large marshmallows)
- Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch pan square pan with non-stick cooking spray and make sure it is spread well.
- Bring water to a boil in microwave- about 1 minute.
- Add gelatin and stir well. Return to microwave for 1 minute and stir well. (This step ensures that jello is completely dissolved.)
- Add marshmallows and return to microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until marshmallows are puffed and slightly melted.
- Whisk until marshmallows are completely dissolved. Creamy layer will float to the top.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until well set- they should be very firm and easy to handle.
- Loosen edges with a knife. Starting at one end, roll up tightly.
- With seam side down, cut into 10-12 (1/2) inch slices. The easiest way to cut the jello is with a piece of thread or dental floss. Just put the string around roll-up, cross and pull.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.